A Birthday at sea

The day after we said goodbye to the Galapagos was my birthday, (21st... once again!)

I woke just before six to start my watch to find the cockpit and forestay bedecked with balloons! Thanks to Emily who had been busy blowing them up during her watch from 3-6 am.

We all had a sunny breakfast around 8:30 and I opened cards and presents from my 3 crew mates, one recurring theme... Chocolate! A lot of KitKats a Toblerone and a bar of he finest Swiss dark chocolate... one happy recipient!

Then in he afternoon a real surprise as a freshly baked cake appeared and then a Piñata shaped like a ukulele which was hung from the aft Bimini. I then donned a blindfold and grasping a rounders bat attempted to destroy it whilst balancing on the rolling deck! The contents of the piñata were scattered across the cockpit and aft deck when I eventually managed to bring the bat to bear on the brightly coloured cardboard construction.

The piñata had been smuggled aboard right under my nose and I was absolutely unaware of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3rd-6th August

Wolverine creek (67.61265N, 152.26408W) from my tent at midnight on the 9th Aug.

Mon 8th Aug. Float day 1